- Twiga Pipe Wrap for Pipe Line protection
- Twiga Fiberglass Tissue in Water Proofing Application for Building Protection
- Twiga Fiberglass Tissue for Thermal Insulation System Protection
- Twiga Fiberglass Surface Mat for FRP Mouldings
- New Products
- Twiga Insul Duct Wrap
- Twiga Insul Preformed Pipe Sections and Lamella Mat
- Twiga Insul Flexible Duct
- Twiga Insul Duct Board
- Twiga Insul Sandwich Panel
- Twiga Insul Noise Barrier
Twiga Fiberglass Tissue
A corrosion protection & reinforcement membrane, Twiga Fiberglass Tissue is a non woven, thin, flexible, uniformly bonded mat composed of technically resistant suitable glass fibers distributed in a random, open porous structure, bonded together with an inert material (thermosetting resin).
Twiga Fiberglass Tissue is available with or without yarn reinforcement (standard reinforcement is at 10mm intervals), depending on the application and performance parameters required. High tensile strength, porosity and compatibility with anticorrosive chemicals offer significant performance benefits and advantages during application.
Twiga Fiberglass Tissue is available in roll form in various densities and thicknesses. The product is recommended for use in both hot and cold applications up to a temperature of 288°C.
Twiga Fiberglass Tissue is made by THE WET LAY PROCESS
The glass fibers are projected on to a conveyor then bound and passed through a polymerization oven, the resulting mat is rolled around a mandrel (tube) and packed for shipment.
During the continuous production cycle it is possible to add longitudinal reinforcement’s yarns which considerably increase the tension resistance of the product.
Twiga Fiberglass Tissue is utilized mainly as a reinforcement layer in an anti corrosive systems for pipe line, ducts and tanks and also in many other varied applications like in bituminous membranes as a reinforcement layer for water proofing systems, in FRP molding application as a surface mat, in battery separator as a reinforcement, in lamination, in filtration etc.
General characteristics -
- Open porous structure - can be easily impregnated
- High tensile strength, breaking strength - resistance to longitudinal and transversal tensions
- High temperature resistance
- Inorganic composition - unaffected by weather agents
- Dimensionally stable
# FGT as inner wrap – AWWA C 203 – 1991 / IS 10221 - 1982
# Impregnated FGT as outer wrap – IS-10221-1982 / AWWA C 203 – 91
# Insitu application for RCC & Pitched roof
# FGT base Coal Tar Pitch & Bitumen Felts IS 7193 – 1994)
# Reinforced Glass Fibre Tissue & Bitumen IS 3384 – 1986
Moisture vapour barrier
In cold insulation; ceiling / wall Tiles