- Twiga Insul
- Duct Wrap
- Preformed Pipe Sections and Lamella Mat
- Flexible Duct
- Duct Board
- New Products
- Sandwich Panel
- Noise Barrier
- Twiga Insul Duct Wrap
- Twiga Insul Preformed Pipe Sections and Lamella Mat
- Twiga Insul Flexible Duct
- Twiga Insul Duct Board
- Twiga Insul Sandwich Panel
- Twiga Insul Noise Barrier
One of the best known products for thermal & acoustic insulation, Twiga Insul is light gold in colour and is a light weight, compressible insulation material consisting of fine, long, inorganic glass fibers bonded together by a high temperature binder.
Twiga Insul is available in rolls, slabs and boards, in various densities and thicknesses and with a wide range of factory applied facings which include reinforced aluminum foil, fiberglass tissue, black glass tissue and a wide range of imported premium facings.
Twiga Insul for Thermal & Actoustic Insulation
Twiga Glass Wool made from pure silica sand will not support combustion even in direct, prolonged contact with flames. It emits no toxic fumes or smoke, the two biggest hazards to health and life in the event of a fire. Glass wool is a complete fire safe product complying the following standards:
- BS (British Standard) 476 part 4, ISO 1182, IS 3808, International Maritime Organisation (IMO) - NON COMBUSTIBLE
- BS 476 part 6 - Do not PROPOGATE FIRE
- BS 476 part 7- Class 1 - SURFACE SPREAD OF FLAME NIL
- Class O certified - Highest class for any building material - index of performance (I) not exceeding 12, sub index of performance (i1) not exceeding 6, Class 1
- BS 476 part 5 - Class P - (not easily ignitable) - BS 6853 (toxicity index 0.65) - NON EMISSION OF SMOKE & TOXIC GASES
TWIGA Glass Wool with its outstanding Acoustic performance has excellent acoustic absorption characteristics. Whether it is sound insulation for Industry, commercial premises, public buildings or domestic applications, Twiga Insul outperforms others.
Acoustic Insulation values of:
12kg/m3-50 mm thick
16kg/m3-50 mm thick
24kg/m3-50 mm thick
32kg/m3-50 mm thick
48kg/m3-50 mm thick
8kg/m3-12 mm thick-BGT faced
STC (Sound Transmission Class)
Cooling costs in a building insulated throughout with glass wool can be reduced significantly. The use of glasswool for the thermal insulation of external walls and ceilings has been shown to reduce energy consumption by 20% to 30%.
Thermal Conductivity in W/MK
Performance on Site
- Twiga Insul can be compressed to around an eighth of its original volume when packaged.
- Easier to load, easier to transport, easier to unload and store on site.
- Recovery after compression is more than 95% in accordance with 1S 8183 / BS 3958 Part 5 means there is a immediate recovery after unrolling or release of pressure so it is ready to use almost as soon as it arrives on site.
- Twiga Insul is stable under varying conditions of temperature and humidity when applied correctly.
- Excellent tear strength and not prone to sagging or settling. Rigid slabs have inherently high compressive strength.
- Does not settle down while subjected to Vibration and Jolting. Conforms to IS 3144 / BS 2972
- Flexible, elastic and lightweight means it can be applied easily, anywhere it’s needed. In roof spaces. In wall spaces. In the most awkward corners. Even in the highest of vertical applications. And in most applications, without the need for fixings. These characteristics mean that TWIGA glass wool is almost always the lowest installed cost acoustic and thermal insulant.
Glass wool is one of the most environmentally friendly, stable and sustainable insulants available. Its raw material is silica sand, the earth’s most abundantly occurring natural material. And its impacton the environment in manufacture, use and disposal is minimal.
- Zero Ozone Depleting Potential
- Minimum VOC
- Uses abundant and renewable raw materials.
Twiga Glasswool is suitable for applications ranging from minus 195°C to 230°C. For special applications upto 450°C, high temperature binder is available. Aluminum foil facing is suitable upto 120°C.
Twiga Glasswool is chemically inert. Application does not cause or accelerate corrosion.
Twiga Glasswool is rot proof and odourless. Conforms to IS 3144.
Shot content is nil, exceeding requirements of IS 3144 / BS 2972
No Mould growth. Conforms to IS 3144.
Moisture content and water absorption is less than 2% in accordance with IS 3144 / BS 2972
Twiga Glasswool superior tensile strength, handleability, resilience, low thermal conductivity, relatively high THERMAL RESISTANCE (R Value) along with its superior Fire safe properties (Non combustible) and excellent noise reduction properties makes it suitable for a wide variety of thermal & acoustic insulation applications ranging from HVAC, metal roof and building insulation to applications in solar collectors and generator acoustic enclosures & is recommended for use both in hot & cold application ranging in temperature from -195degrees to plus 450 degrees centigrade. As Twiga Insul repels moisture and it contains nothing organic to support micro organisms, it won't sustain rot, fungi or bacteria.